Guidelines for applicants
Steps to follow:
- Make sure that our programme is suitable for you - checking eligibility criteria.
- Choose a research group from IChF conducting research in the field that may interest you. Subsequently, select a mentor from this group who may support your project.
- Enter IChF equipment database. Make sure that we dispose of the infrastructure which is essential for your project. Under a budget of your research project you may only purchase tiny research apparatus. If IChF does not have a specific infrastructure you need, try to select partner who may supplement our equipment.
- Outline your research project following proposal template. Next, contact your chosen IChF mentor, introduce yourself to them, your research project and ask for a supporting letter (template). You may also seek advice from them who may be best partner for this project.
- Contact a co-mentor from an IChF partner organization or select your own. Addtionally, you may invite a partner from the business sector to be involved in your project. Ask the selected co-mentor to sign a supporting letter (template). Make sure that the country of origin of your co-mentor is not the country in which you spent more than 12 months in the last 3 years (see “Mobility rule”).
- Work out your proposal in detail and prepare project abstract (up to 1,500 characters).
- Prepare CV with all information specified here.
- If you wish to increase your chances to join the programme - ask an independent researcher you collaborate with for references, and contact company which may supplement your research to agree the details and sign letter of intent.
- Check if you have all documents specified here.
- Use submission module to send your application.
- Check regularly your e-mail for further information.
If you still lack details - check our Guide for applicants.
For short condensed PD2PI project version - check PD2PI outline.
We are wishing you good luck!